For its third edition, the Festival del film Locarno’s Carte Blanche initiative, intended to offer a look at films in post-production from a different country every year, turns the spotlight on Chile. The selected works in progress, unseen at any other festival and not yet sold to international sales agents, will be shown to industry professionals during Locarno’s Industry Days event (10–12 August 2013). Carte Blanche is supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA).
Thanks to CinemaChile, the promotional agency for Chilean film and television, and the Valdivia International Film Festival’s AustraLab, this year Carte Blanche will present seven films in post-production, both fiction and documentary. CinemaChile’s executive director Constanza Arena will introduce directors and producers, who will in turn introduce their respective films to the various sales agents, buyers, funders, distributors and international programmers attending the Industry Days. After each screening, a Q&A session will offer industry professionals the opportunity to engage in dialogue with the directors and producers.
- RAUL by Matias Venables Brito, produced by Valentina Barros
- R. LORENA by Isidora Marras, produced by Josefina Undurraga and Gregorio Gonzalez
- SURIRE by Bettina Perut and Ivan Osnovikoff, produced by Bettina Perut and Ivan Osnovikoff
- THE PRODIGAL SON by Carlos Araya Diaz, produced by Pablo Saez, Carlos Araya Diaz and Francia Aranda
- THE WALTZ by Edison Cajas, produced by Catalina Donoso
- TO KILL A MAN by Alejandro Fernandez, produced by Eduardo Villalobos Pino
- VOLANTIN CORTAO by Anibal Jofré and Diego Ayala, produced by Soledad Trejo Troncoso
The jury, comprised of Frédéric Boyer, artistic director of TriBeCa Film Festival (USA), Gerwin Tamsma, programmer for the Rotterdam International Film Festival (the Netherlands) and Agustina Chiarino, producer (Uruguay), will award a prize of 10,000 CHF to the best film, to contribute to its completion.
The 66th edition of the Festival del film Locarno will take place 7-17 August 2013, the Industry Days are held 10-12 August.
[Press Office, 25 | 7 | 2013]